'Govi Sahana Sarana'
1920 Agriculture Advisory Service
A call centre solution known as Agriculture Advisory Service is one of the major programmes to assist farmers in solving their various problems such as agriculture related technical matters, inputs and marketing problems.
As per the suggestion made by the former Minister of Agricultural Development, Hon. Mr. Chamal Rajapaksha, this service was established at the Audio Visual Centre of the Department of Agriculture, Peradeniya on 23rd February, 2006.
The service can be contacted by farmers for their queries over any land or mobile phone in office hours by dialling 1920.
- To give quick advice to farmers over the phone on their queries
- To refer experts or relevant literature and give advice within 72 hours, when the problem is complicated
- To maintain a digital database on the queries for further action and report generation
- Demand driven agriculture extension
- Quick mechanism of disseminating Agriculture information
- Strengthening of research-extension-training-farmer linkage
- Maintain of records on farmers queries as a digital database for further action